“We believe that every young person should experience the world beyond the classroom as an essential part of learning and personal development, whatever their age, ability or circumstances.”
Launched in March 2015 by Natural Connections Demonstration Project, this blog was created for anyone interested in outdoor learning. Today, managed by The Council for Learning Outside the Classroom, in partnership with leaders in learning outside the classroom (LOtC) across all sectors, we bring together bloggers who are researchers or practitioners to share their best practice, evidence findings and enthusiasm in LOtC.
The aim of this blog is not to promote one project, organisation or school, but to build on the collaborative model that has been developed through Natural Connections and raise awareness of good quality examples of both evidence and delivery of learning outside the classroom.
We have also provided an ever growing page of links to other blogs that we think might interest you. We hope to continue to build a buzz around learning outside the classroom!
Post content is shaped solely by the guest contributors, we do not edit their views or disguise their messages. However they have been invited to write about key topics which are based around the themes and challenges including:
- Using school grounds for teaching
- Using local green spaces for teaching
- Building teacher confidence in learning outside the classroom
- Embedding learning outside the classroom teaching into the curriculum
- What LOtC providers need to know about working with schools.
- Challenges to LOTC in schools
- Looking at the evidence around benefits of LOtC
- LOtC and health and wellbeing (physical and mental)
We hope you enjoy reading the articles, if you would like to contribute please contact firstname.lastname@example.org